Friday, January 15, 2016

Curtain Call GD


I'm excited to be guest designing over at Curtain Call this round and it's all about being girly.  I was immediately drawn to the flowers and foiled bits and bobs, not to mention PINK!

1.   I designed the lay out for the foiled bits of my card.  Note you'll either need to scan in your stamps or use your phone to take a photo.  I used Photoshop to make sure the design was nice and crispy b/w for optimum foil results.
2.  I placed the Art Deco gold foil over the portions I wanted to be gold and ran it through my Amazon laminator on the 5mm setting.
3.  Notice how the foil flattens out and you can see the impression of the foiled stamp?  Gently peel away the foil.  If you are too eager and rip away your foil sheet in a fit of glee, part of the foiled stamped image may come off like it did on the 't' in birthday below.  Patience is key!
4.  I next placed the pink foil where I wanted it and ran it through the laminator.  The gold foiled sections were unaffected.   Isn't it pretty and shiny?  After this I filled in the rest of the floral section with regular inked flowers.  Girly and blingy and happy!

The Details:  Hero Arts Flower Garden, Hammermill 80lb color copy cardstock, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base, Waltzing Mouse stitched scalloped rectangle die, Papertrey Ink linen impression plate, Deco Foil (gold), Minc foil (pink), Memento Inks

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Toni. Love the foiled flowers and greeting. Great technique. Wish I was more computer savvy. :) Congratulations on being the guest designer at Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Toni! I must try this foil technique. So glad you are guest designing with us at Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on guest designing for Curtain Call! I love your pretty card! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. This challenge is right up my alley for sure. Girly is my middle crafting name. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Toni! I think you have inspired me to break out my foils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is crazy amazing how you used the foil Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect girly card--just what I love! I don't have a laminator, but I'm loving my foils with sticky foam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card is so pretty! I love the foiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this card is so pretty! I love the foiling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!