Sunday, September 6, 2015

Witches and Trees, Oh My


Hello!  Today Great Impressions has a new challenge for you--Trick or Tree-t (use a Halloween or tree image).  This is the perfect opportunity for you to get a jump start on your Halloween cards. You don't have to use GI stamps but it'd be totally awesome if you did! Also, if you do use GI stamps, be sure to link up to the customer gallery to show us your fabulous work and for a chance to get a little year-end prize.

For my card I stamped H246 Spooky Sayings Background multiple times and embossed it in white.  I then used my Cameo to cut out a witch from the resulting homemade paper.  Neat!   I used my airbrush for the moon and dark blue background.  I deepened some of the sky with sponged Distress Ink black soot (love how it blends).  I spattered the sky (and my monitor of all things!) with diluted white pigment ink for stars.  A few spooky diecut Impression Obsession trees for the witch to fly over and the scene is complete.
Be sure to stop by again!

2 comments:

  1. This looks super awesome, Toni! LOVE the spooky scene you created--and what a fabulous way to use this stamp! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card Toni! I love how you made your own "paper" with the sayings stamp, and that starry sky is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!