Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Spooky Graveyard

This card all started with the wonky tree.  I had cut the tree out for a different card ages ago, left it on my cutting area and inadvertently chopped off part of the limbs when I was cutting something else.  Oh, yes, that's me all over.  Well, I couldn't throw out a perfectly goodish tree, could I?  So, into the "someday" pile it went and yesterday was someday.

For the background I sponged yellow then masked off a circle.  I next applied a medium blue and then a dark blue, leaving a halo of the lighter to make it seem like the moon is glowing.  I used DI Picked Raspberry just along the edges to deepen the sky into purple.  I added pigment ink stars randomly before gluing on the wonky tree and mounting the graveyard on foam tape.  You can't tell much from the pic but the tree and bat are only partially attached to the card so they stick out.  It's a really cool effect in person.

The Details:  Spellbinders graveyard die, bat from my Cameo, Impression Obsession tree die, Memento Dandelion, Danube Blue, Distress Inks Picked Raspberry, Chipped Sapphire, Recollections black and white 110 lb cardstock, PTI yellow cardstock (base), Recollections sentiment inside

I'm entering this in Fab 'n' Funky #231 Halloween, Paper Players #216 Halloween, Crafter's Cafe #84 Punches or Diecuts

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a brilliant scene!! This is awesome and so creative! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card..Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, that glow around the moon is amazing!!! Yay for cutting up the tree because its perfect for this project. Such a magnificient scene and love that everything is so wonky. Spooky wonderfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your card on the Crafter's Cafe Top 3 list. I must say, they choose well! This is gorgeous!!! I love your dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toni, your wonky tree was the perfect starting point for your card and it works beautifully. The red eyes on the bat are fabulous! Thanks for rocking my Paper Players challenge this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wonky tree and the little die cut graveyard, with the gorgeous sponged background. Truly spooky! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!