Thursday, September 18, 2014

Infamous Cat Lady

Let me tell you a story, my friends.  A few years ago, we had a cookie exchange where you make a bunch of cookies to share so that the participants can each have a variety of cookies for the holidays.  Well, the big day had arrived and as I was bringing what was described as the best cookie ever to my lips, I happened to catch it just so in the light and saw there was cat hair.  Not one, not two, but a HALO of cat hair since the hair was part of the cookie.  Eek!  Fortunately, the woman who brought the fateful cookies just dropped them off so didn't have to deal with the embarrassment.  However, those who had already taken bites are still dealing with PTSD.  The horror!  We all joke with each other to this day when we bring something in--does it have that special ingredient?  LOL. Ewww.

I saw this Art Impressions stamp set while I was traveling and had to get it.  How could I not, right?  I did a combination of paper piecing and alcohol markers to work her up then accented the front with cat paw prints and the sentiment.  I thought about adding a few real cat hairs from Frankie but decided that would be too much.  I'll save that for a cookie card at the holidays!

The Details:  Art Impressions stamps, Spectrum Noir markers, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 paper (jacket), CDWV Cafe Mediterranean cardstock (dress), black Enamel Accents, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, PTI red cardstock base

I'm entering this in Virginia's View #7 Designer Paper

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job on the paper-piecing, Toni! What an endearing card! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Pattern Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!