Friday, March 7, 2014

Two Rainbows and Sunshine

I'm still into the sponging--I think because I don't have to be precise and am expected to get ink on my fingers!

On the first card I randomly cut some scallops into scrap paper then used that as a mask, moving it from section to section to create the cloud bank.  I used my finger to create beams of sunlight breaking through the clouds; the sun is on the inside of the card.  Random scraps make up the rainbow.  I used embossing powder on the sentiment so it would be glossy--think glistening with rain.  Not as glossy as I expected but it does pop out.  So, I ended up with a lot of rainbow parts so tried another look.  The resulting card is more cutesy and whimsical.

The Details:  PTI white cardstock, cloud/sun die and sentiment; cardstock scraps for the rainbow, MFT rainbow & cloud die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Dandelion, Brilliance Graphite Black, Hampton Art clear embossing powder

I'm entering Card 1 in:  Just Add Ink Add a Sunburst, Keep It Simple #35 Stripes  
I'm entering Card 2 in:  Papertake Weekly Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Both cards look good. I like how you made the sunshine shining down. Its good to get messy just hard to remember 'dont touch the card while hands still inky'. I usually leave alittle extra something on every card I make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both too - the first with the sun shining through is just like real - I really like the softness of the sunburst with the clouds behind. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your clouds look fantastic and the soft rays poking out look fab!

    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Toni. I love that you used your fingers to create the inky sun rays on the first card - very creative! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! I love how you created your sun rays with your fingers - what a great effect! I also love the addition of the rainbow and clouds - you've created wonderful scenes! thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creating the sun rays using your fingers is such a fun idea Toni! Both cards are just fresh, bright and happy. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are fabulous! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!