Friday, March 14, 2014

Iris-folded Topiary


This card is for my SIL to celebrate the Persian New Year next week on 21 March.  (I rather like the idea of celebrating spring for new year, don't you?)  As back story, my partner has not returned to his native country since he moved here to attend college back in the late 70s (right before the government was overthrown) yet he and his sister speak to each other every couple of weeks like he saw her yesterday.  I have to tell you it was such a tear jerker moment when they saw each other for the first time in 30+ years when she visited a couple of years ago. So this is for you, F.  Thank you for keeping the ancestral home alive for your brother.

The Details:  various papers from my old stash (the thinner the better for the iris folding), used my Cricut to cut out the topiary shape (I think that's from the Folk cartridge), gold Beads in a Bottle for the centers of the small flowers, lots of tape

I'm entering this in The Crafter's Cafe #54 Flowers, Twisted Tuesday #71 Live a Clean, Green Life, Make My Monday Spring, Loves Rubberstamps #94 Shades of Green, Fusion Card Challenge #6 and Casology #86 Roots  



15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I haven't done any iris folding in a while, but your card has inspired me to try it again! And your card is perfect for celebrating spring! (Love the back story also.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card--your folded topiary is just stunning. Thank you for playing at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome! Love Frankie, is he a Bengal? I have Bengals :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely and a wonderful story attached.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The origami topiary is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! I love the concept! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card design. Love the iris folding. Great job. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty. Love the Iris fold and the cheerful colors. Thanks for playing along this week at the Crafter's Cafe. Shannon DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very detailed! Thanks for joining our challenge @ Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this so much, I talked my card club gal to design a iris fold card, not a direct take on this, but I begged her to do one! Great stuff, Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining our MMM Spring challenge.
    Fliss x
    MMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!! This is a really cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Toni, this is a beautiful card! And a beautiful story of your husband and his sister keeping their relationship alive across the distance. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!